In today’s challenging economy, many homeowners are searching for ways to increase or maintain the value of their residence with the least expense. This means people are holding onto their homes longer, and have put off additions or other improvements that would cost more than they could possibly hope to recover before paying off their mortgage.
As such, a growing trend is in residential garage organization, and no company in the Greater Toronto Area has more experience, expertise, and innovative products to offer than Garage Floor and Storage.
One of the most popular systems we design and install are garage overhead storage, which can be easily configured and accessorized to fit any budget and style imaginable.
When it comes to realty, homes continue to grow either as a status symbol or out of necessity thanks to larger families. In 1945, the average Canadian home was about 800 square feet. Today, that’s gone all the way up to 1900 square feet – an increase of more than 100 percent. Because of this, there’s a desire and need to squeeze as much space out of a house as possible, and the garage – whether attached or detached – is the perfect choice. Residential garage design and renovation has been busting at the seams in the United States, and that trend is starting to gain traction in Canada, too.
Garage Floor and Storage is the number one company in the area for garage storage systems, offering unique storage systems and garage overhead storage units that can accommodate any sized garage regardless of architecture.
Follow these simple tips to keep your garage organized and functional.
- Clear the grarage floor. If you want to increase usable space within your garage, then keeping the floor empty is the best way to start, and garage overhead storage units from Garage Floor and Storage are your best choice.
- Consider the benefit of stackable containers. While we can design custom solutions, homeowners on a budget are always encouraged to start with stackable and interlocking containers that can be stowed to one side of the garage or the other.
- Look up. Two characteristics of organized garages are custom designed wall systems, or the garage overhead storage units we’ve installed for hundreds of customers in Thornhill, Markham, and many other communities.
- Wall mounted grid panels are another good choice, especially when it comes to organizing small yard and hand tools like rakes and shovels.
- Peg boards are inexpensive and a staple of the organized garage and should never be dismissed when you’re working within a tight budget.
- Use exposed studs by building cubby holes for smaller items.
- Make sure dangerous items – gasoline and oil for machinery, cleaning products, sharp objects and tools – are kept away from children and animals.
- Build a folding table, which is an ideal solution for a smaller garage when you need spur-of-the-moment storage for a garage sale or family gathering, for instance.
Garage Floor and Storage is the area’s leading provider of garage doors, flooring and storage solutions, heaters, and other accessories to keep your garage space organized and functional. Contact us today for a free consultation or visit us online to submit a request for an estimate.